Sunday, October 13, 2019

Seasons Greetings

Another card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Christmas." 



For this design, I masked off an area which left the triangle open for stamping and chose several stamp sets with small holiday designs to create the effect of a Christmas Tree. "Deck the Halls" from Lawn Fawn, "Holiday Petals & Leaves" from Hero Arts are two with lots of those little stamps good for this effect. I used one of the pine cones for the tree trunk. Then I added little dots to any areas which seemed a little bare when I finished.

The sentiment is from Hero Arts "Stamp & Cut Christmas Tree" stamped in Versafine Black Onyx Ink and popped up slightly on top of the tree. For extra little something I used a Echo Park Diagonal Stripe Stencil on the card base. I made several of these cards in both red and green.






2 comments:

  1. Lovely and colorful tree. When I first looked I thought it was a tree stamp, but after reading...well done on the masking and design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cat. I had seen one of the "ladies" do this a few years ago, maybe Kristina Werner or Jennifer McGuire (I follow both) and remembered how much I liked it, so I thought I would try it for myself. I thought it turned out cute.

      Delete