Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Peace & Joy

Getting ready for Christmas ahead of time with another card. I made three of these by starting with an adorable "Deck the Halls" stamp from Penny Black colored with copic markers. When I purchased the Holly Oval Frame from Simon Says Stamp, I knew it would be a perfect way to highlight this image.

Additionally, I used a technique by Jennifer McGuire to add snow to my scene. She used laminator pockets and embossing powder to sandwich the powder between the clear layers so it looks like snow.  Here is a link to the video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op6PI5KpARw I thought this would be the easiest way to create a snowy background!

So, I sandwiched the laminated pocket full of "snow" between my scene and the dark green Holly Oval Frame with strong adhesive. I didn't need to use dimension because this is not a shaker card. The "snow" is stationary.

The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's "Snowy Backdrop" stamp set. I used white embossing powder and heat embossed it for an added glossy effect and to highlight the white background of the scene.

This card is being entered in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Get Ready for Christmas."




2 comments: