Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Celebrate with Hollyhocks

Pink flowers! I make a ton of cards with pink flowers. This one is for any general occasion to celebrate and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "All Things Pink."


For the first layer of this card I used Simon Says Stamp "Large Morrocan" Stencil sponged on with Distress Ink. It's a little hard to see in the photo. The idea was to create a trellis like effect for my hollyhock-likeflowers. I stamped these using the Impression Obsession stamp across the card at various heights. 

Next I cut the panel with My Favorite Thing's "Wonky Stitched Rectangle" die.  I used the Impression Obsession matching flower die to cut some hollyhocks and adhere them on top of the stamped flowers on the left side of the card to add dimension and interest. 

The large black sentiment is a die cut from Sugar Pea Design and the small sentiment strip is from SSS 3x4 "Birthday Messages" set. A few black butterflies and the black layer finished this card perfectly.

2 comments:

  1. fab birthday card, the colors all work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the design with the pink hollyhocks against the trellis and the matching envelope looks so pretty too 😀. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Creative wishes, Jo x

    ReplyDelete