Thursday, October 17, 2019

Celebrate Your Day!

Today is my granddaughter's 5th birthday, so you know the rest... and I am entering this card in two challenges, Simon Says Stamp Monday "All Things Pink" and My Favorite Things Sketch #459.

The lucky girl is in Disney so she will get the card upon her return!

I started with pink card stock and checked my scrap drawer for some coordinating paper. Found some flowered patterned paper and polka dots which I always love for "girly" cards. I added some detail to the edges with Paper Smooches "Dots & Dashes" die and stamped the number 5 all over with MFT "Fabulous At Any Age."

I freehand drew the large 5, cut it out and then glued it to some "Craft A Board" to make it sturdy and add dimension. The little girl is from MFT Pure Innocence "It's A Sign," copic colored and popped up with dimensional adhesive. Of course, I made her hair similar to my granddaughter's! On her black board I used a stamp from Penny Black called "Sweet & Cute" with white embossing powder. I put the Happy Birthday on the inside of the card.







4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Your pink design looks amazing and I love the way you stamped all those 5s to create the background 😀. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Creative wishes, Jo x

    ReplyDelete