Thursday, October 3, 2019

Happy Birthday in Pink Balloons

While searching on You Tube for some inspiration for a card design, I stumbled upon an old video by Barbara Anders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIOX7ofBpl8&feature=youtu.be from 2015 which impressed me, so I decided to find products in my craft room which would work to duplicate her idea. The multi-step process took me out of my comfort zone a little bit, but it was very enjoyable. Here is what I came up with. The photo is darker than the actual card which was made with shades of pink; hence the entry into "THINK PINK" for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.


First Step - stamp the base with Stampin' Up's Swirl Heart stamp in light pink 
and three balloons from My Favorite Things "Bundle of Balloons" in SSS color "Hot Mama." 
Second Step - Use Gina K Design's "Tiny Textures" rectangle stamp three times 
over the area of the balloons in three colors ranging from light to dark pink 
(I used MFT Pink Lemonade, Tickled Pink, and Hero Arts Soft Pink) 
AND stamp a second time with Versa Mark clear ink to add the glossy effect. 
Cut the panel with MFT Blueprint #27 scalloped die and add the Lawn Fawn die cut 
in the same color as the layered dark pink panel.
I created the panel inside to match, but forgot where that sentiment came from...


2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I thought so too. I didn't put this in the description, but Barbara Anders reminded me that different kinds of inks make a difference. With this card, I needed some waterproof inks as well as regular dye inks. Luckily, I have enough of both.

    ReplyDelete