Monday, October 14, 2019

Masculine Happy Birthday

Here is a masculine birthday card for the current 
My Favorite Things Color Challenge #127 and Sketch Challenge #458 -
(see below for the design and colors.) I actually turned the sketch image on its side for my design!

For this card, I used a stamp which is one of my favorites from MFT called "Spotlight Sentiments." It's stamped in BlueYonder ink. "Celebrate with Cake" stamped in Blue Breeze and Steel Gray for the dish & candles completes the focal image. I used the little star stamp with Blue Breeze around this panel for an additional accent, picking up on the stars in the Spotlight Sentiment. I used my wink of stella in gold to color the fire of the candles, and it "burbed" on me (but I decided to keep the card anyway!) Next time I will check them first on a an extra piece of paper! I bet you have all learned that lesson the hard way. LOL

For a coordinating patterned paper on the left side, I used the Country Fair 6x6 paper. The panel is mounted on solid blue first then adhered to a white card base, which is my standard greeting card preference.


2 comments:

  1. Good job combining the two MFT challenges. Great guy card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I thought it would be a good guy card too. Thanks, Cat.

    ReplyDelete