Saturday, July 30, 2016

Hello Texture Square

Baseball on TV? No thanks! I'll play in my craft room instead. LOL Here's what I came up with today. It's my attempt at mixed media. I'm new to this, but I sure like the way this turned out!

I am entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge ADD SOME TEXTURE.




For this card, I started with texture paste and a big background stamp with a small dot design applied to water color paper. After it dried, I added some water and Distress Paint in several colors. Next came a layer of clear gesso and a bit of Distress Crayon in Spiced Marmalade, rubbed on with some water. I wanted to add lots of different elements including die cuts, wooded elements, and a stamped panel which resembles a window. I also punched a few holes in several corners to match the tiny circular depressions. Most of the colors are shades of pink, purple, and orange, but the contrasting black hummingbird,window frame, and "Hello" help give more dimension to the piece. I really like the way this turned out. It represents so many elements I love! Thanks for reading my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment