Friday, July 22, 2016

Thank You Chickadee

Happy Thursday! Here's a card with a water colored image from W Plus Nine, "A New Day." I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to color this image. The sentiment is from Mint Owl Studio. I picked it because I thought the simplicity of the cursive writing complimented the little chickadee!

I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Things With Wings!


 If you know me, you know I love birds! I am always feeding them and trying to attrack them to my yard. And chickadees are one of my favorites! Earlier this past summer, I had a pair actually make a nest in a birdhouse behind my house, but after about a month, they were completely gone! My husband thought they had babies and all flew away (yea, very optimistic!) but I didn't feel like enough time went by for all that to be accomplished. I think they changed their minds and found a different nesting place. The "door" on this particular birdhouse was a little too big for Chickadees in my opinion. But it was sure nice watching them up close for a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment