Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Flowers & Texture



Here's a card I created with the Stamp of Approval Box from Catherine Pooler. 
I really like the contents and know I will use them a lot in the future. Flowers, yes please! 
Included in the box was a stamp set from 
Sugar Pea Design. I have a few of their sets
 and always like to follow their blog and face book page. So the first thing I did when I got the set was stamp and water colored several different flowers and leaves. Here's one of the cards.
I am entering this card in the Sugar Pea Design Mix It Up Challenge #9
 and the Simon Says Stamp 
Monday Challenge ADD SOME TEXTURE





For this card I wanted more texture than usual, so I took a piece of Tim Holtz Wood Grain Water color card stock and applied several colors of Distress Inks: Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw, Tea Dye.
The challenge inspired me because I liked the warm browns with the pinks, although I made flowers not ice cream! I placed the flowers in a design I liked across the paper and adhered them with some Ranger multi medium glue. For the sentiment I die cut a piece of vellum with a Die Namics Traditional Stax Tag and heat embossed the sentiment which came from the Stamp of Approval kit, adding one of the small flowers in the middle. The green background panel is one of Gina K Design's colors called Fresh Asparagus. That's it. I hope you like my card today. Thanks for viewing my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment