Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sand Paper on Card Stock

Hi crafters. I wanted to try a technique I saw on BIG PICTURE in Kimberly Crawford's class. The end results works for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Flora and Fauna

I ran some brown card stock through the Big Shot in an embossing folder - trees from Darice. Then I used some sanding paper across it which exposed the white core. I had intended to use the lighter parts as the trees, but then I realized the darker parts looked more like trees against a lighter background - either way would work.

I cut a piece of tan card stock with a Die Namics oval die to create a faux window on the front and popped the panel up with foam adhesive. The sentiment is a stamp set and die from Impression Obsession. In fact, the bird, nest, and birdhouse are all from Impression Obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment