Sunday, July 10, 2016

To the Moon

Hi all, I bet many of you saw Jennifer McGuire's recent video, Floating Die Cut Panel. Well, I got stumped when I tried to cut the stars out ... and it was late in the evening ... so I decided to do something a little different. But, for sure I will try the Floating Die Cut again soon. Here is a link if you didn't see the video - Floating Die Cut Panel with Jennifer McGuire. I love all of her techniques because they show you how to think outside the box!

I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Red/White/Blue


As you can see, I wedged the smaller stars between two pieces of card stock die cut with a larger star. On the top panel I used MFT Mixable Mist Sheer Shimmer to achieve a shimmery glow. It's hard to see in this pic!  The moon stamp and sentiment are from Brutus Monroe, and the sequins are from Mint Owl Studio, Cloudy Day mix. The small stars are a new die from Simon Says Stamp called Stacked Stars, and the large star is from Sizzix.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment