Wednesday, August 3, 2016

You & Hibiscus

More flowers! I have enjoyed coloring and stamping flowers lately. Maybe it's the influence of the summer gardens around me. Speaking of gardens, in September my hubby and I are going to Hershey, PA for a few days. While there we plan to go to the Hershey Gardens. I'll take pics for ya!

I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Fabulous Florals!



         For the panels on this card, I used Spellbinder's Rectangle die and Lawn Fawn Scalloped Rectangle Stackable. I used a stencil and white embossing powder for the background, applying distress ink for the color. I had to mask off the flowers so I could stamp them in between the embossed stencil. Then, after removing the masks, I used Hero Arts Layering Hibiscus and Altenew Beautiful Day leaves to create my "garden." To finish the card, I added a few hearts and a white doilie in the upper left corner with the "You" die from Stamp of Approval - Casual Fridays Stamps. For the flowers and leaves I used a ink pads in my collection from several different companies. I mix and match my inks in order to get the colors I want. This card took me longer than most because of all the steps involved, but I LOVE how it turned out! I decided to send this one to a very special person for her birthday - my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment