Thursday, August 18, 2016

Teacher

Who's getting ready to go back to school? This card is for a special person 
who has been teaching for a few years and doing a fabulous job! 
I have a few other teachers I would like to send cards to if I have a chance to make them! 
Our schools start here after Labor Day, so I should be able to get them finished.
 I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Make for the Border!"



 I used several stamp sets for this card, but the first thing I did was create the brick wall. For this I took the Brick Wall Cover up from Die Namics (MFT) and created a stencil with some acetate. I taped the stencil to my card stock and applied Distress Ink in several colors.

For the top of the card, I used a stamp from Avery Elle called "Petal Panel." I actually wanted the words to be a little more off-set, but I wasn't going to start over once the top was stamped. I think it turned out just fine.

The "teacher" die is from Simon Says Stamp, and the bus is from Mint Owl Studio's set "Class Act," stamped, colored with copic markers and fussy cut.

And, last there's a black border (hence the entry into Make for the Border challenge!)

No comments:

Post a Comment