Monday, August 15, 2016

Tag You're It #53


Hi everyone!  I came across a new challenge, TAG YOU'RE IT! I was impressed with the tags I saw there and liked the idea of breaking out of the "card" making craze I've been in for the summer. 


Below is the "inspiration" tag from Michele Ferguson. I have seen her beautiful work before. Her blog is I CARD EVERYONE. Check it out when you have a few minutes.

I was not only inspired by Michele's tag, but I was also excited to try a few new products I recently purchased. First, I got a stamp set from Sparkle N Sprinkle called "Honey Bees" when I was at the Scrapbooking Expo in Somerset this past weekend. Second, I recently bought TCW "Medium Dots" die which looks like a honeycomb! Third, I had a bumble bee hanging around my desk just waiting for the perfect spot to land!

To CASE Michele's tag, I wanted to duplicate the background circles, so I used a Large Polka Dot embossing folder from Stampin' UP, which was made by Sizzix. I also wanted to add some flowers similar to her embellishments. For these I used one of the My Favorite Things sets which includes flowers. Yellow flowers to match my theme of the honey bees. I added the yellow ribbon. Here's my finished tag for the Tag You're It #53.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment