Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Wishing Umbrella

I made this card for a friend of my dear daughter in law. She and my son (AND their 10 month daughter) were all going to be in this young girl's wedding. It was so exciting for all parties involved. 
I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge 


      One of my favorite stamping techniques is using Distress Inks for the background of a card or for objects to embellish my cards!
      For this card I took some water color paper and used several pink and yellow Distress Inks. I used a broad brush on very wet paper to create the mottled look, cut the basic umbrella shape by hand (didn't have an umbrella die at the time!) and then used  a Spellbinders die for the detailed edge, A2 Scalloped Borders One. I also used a white gel pen for the broken stripes.
      The card stock was white shimmer paper, dry embossed with a Darice Embossing folder on the right side and corner punched with a Fiskar punch; then added to a light pink card base.
      The sentiment is Simon Says Stamp Wishing stamp and die set.

2 comments:

  1. This card is amazing! I am in love with all of the details you thought to include! First off, the white background is totally full of energy and POW even though it is white. I love all the texture you added to make it stand out. I also adore the color palette you chose. It is so sophisticated and clean-looking while still being full of warmth. I thought it was absolutely brilliant of you to make the letter i's be topped with the flower shapes. Genius! This really is charming and inspiring and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andrea! It's so nice to have someone appreciate what one does. I, too, loved the way this card turned out. Sometimes when I am planning, I'm not sure that I am going to get the affect I am looking for. But this one worked beautifully. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete