Sunday, September 13, 2015

If Friends were Flowers

Entered in Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge/



         The layout of this card was inspired by Gina K from Stamp TV. I used her design with products of my choice. The decorated panel was adhered to a blue base and then both were placed on a white A7 card. For the stamping and die cutting I used Stampin' Up's "Flower Patch" and matching "Flower Flair" framelits. First, I stamped the flowers and leaves on the top and bottom portions of a white card stock panel cut to fit a A7 card. Then, I used a scoring tool to score lines just below and above these two sections. The center section of the panel was stamped with a sentiment from Lawn Fawn "Hello Friend" set.
          I'm sorry to say I don't recall the colors of the inks used, but they were die inks in light blue, gray, lavender, and light green. Three flowers and two sprigs of leaves were die cut and adhered to the center of the panel next to the greeting giving the card dimension. For a finishing touch, the centers of the blue flowers were stamped with white pigment ink and then heat embossed, and several of the smaller gray flowers have glossy accent centers. Here a close up of the center of the card.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and delightful! Love your floral design, Jeanne! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Use a Stamp” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I really liked the way this floral design turned out, too. Some of my favorite colors there!

    ReplyDelete