Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Makeover Challenge

      Hero Arts challenged it's viewers to take an old card and redo it. When I looked back at some old cards, I realized how far I have come in a year. The cards I made a year ago were totally different than the cards I am making today! I have learned so much and discovered so many talented crafters online. The only drawback is that I am spending more time online learning from these card makers and finding it difficult to make time for crafting myself! LOL
      I would like to acknowledge some of these talented people:  Jennifer McGuire, Kristina Werner, Sandy Allnock, Catherine Pooler, Gina K Designs, Laurel Beard, Lauren Bassen, Kelly Rasmussen, Laura Sterckx, Patty Bennet. If you want to learn how to make cards, look them up!


This was a simple card I made over a year ago with some pattern paper and one embellishment. 

Below is the new card, totally new for the Hero Arts 

MAKEOVER CHALLENGE




This is the new card. I used the card base and the first layer of pink dry embossed cirlces. It was a Sixxix Large Polka Dot embossing folder. I stamped flowers on this using the circles as the centers of the flowers. They are from Hero Arts Color Layering "Happy Day Flower" and "Let Love Grow." I used a bit of Ranger Super Fine White embossing powder on the centers and set it with my heat gun. I cut, stamped, and embossed the tag using the black and white colors from the card. The sentiment is from Hero Arts "Happy Day Flowers."



No comments:

Post a Comment