Friday, September 11, 2015

Birthday Wishes Card

The Ellen Hutson (wonderful crafting online store) challenge was REALLY a challenge for me because I only recently discovered the terrific stamps/dies from Essentials by Ellen, and I don't have that many!! I love to watch Julie Ebersole's videos and recently discovered Julie designs some of the Essentials by Ellen products! Luckily I have loads of Obsession Impression dies ... so I rooted around my supplies and put this together for the challenge....Then I discovered a new blog and challege for birthday cards so I entered the card there, too. 



I decided to use black card stock on Neenah Solar White, stamped with black, pink and green. The hollyhocks from Obsession Impression on the left panel were stamped with Hero Arts light pink ink and die cut from pink card stock. I created the flower design on the bottom panel using Essentials by Ellen "Bohemian Garden" flowers and leaves. I used some Hero Arts ink, Bubble Gum and Green Hills, and My Favorite Things Black Licorice. A few extra hollyhocks were used on the bottom panel to tie the flowers together. A butterfly fills in the space on right; it's embossed with one of my glittery powders (sorry, but I forget which!) Here's a close up:






Here's the inside of this card: 


I like the color combination- pulled it together with two pieces of ribbon from my ribbon drawer. Oh, and I added several pink dimensional circles! SO that's my entry for the Mix It Up Challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I love that colour combo! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete