Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Jar of Flowers

             Hero Arts challenged it's viewers to take an old project and redo it as a way of celebrating their new website/online store! My cards have changed a lot since a year ago when I first started making cards in earnest. See my last blog where I acknowledge the talented ladies I have been following and who have taught me so much!
      The old card on the left....  actually a pitiful card, and I would never send it!! But I liked the purple patterned paper so I used that as the basis for my new card.




Entered in the Hero Arts MAKEOVER CHALLENGE


      I used the stamp set from Hero Arts called "Love Jar" for the jar and the flowers. I masked the center flower to position the other two on the sides. I also masked the top of the jar so the stems would not show through. The lid and the water in the jar were colored with alcohol markers and the jar was die cut using the die and adhered to the panel.  I used Hero Arts Bubble Gum and Soft Olive ink for flowers and stems. They are stamped directly on the card base, not popped up. The scalloped purple pattern paper and the white panels have die cut edges using Mama Elephant's "Basic Set." The sentiment is Staz On Black ink on a piece of vellum cut into a banner with Lawn Fawn Titled Banners.