Sunday, September 13, 2015

Three Step Flowers

Stamped cards using the MISTI tool!!  

Wednesday Challenge/

  

      


These cards were made using the MISTI tool and Altenew's stamp set "Vintage Flowers." I used a technique from Jennifer McGuire where you stamp with white pigment ink first, then stamp again with a die ink. As you can see,  I used four different color dye inks. "Vintage Flowers" is a three step stamp creating a more realistic looking flower.

The leaves were not done in green, so some realism is lost, but the overall look of the design is appealing. I used a gray color for the second step on the leaves for some of the cards. On the Sympathy card, I only stamped the leaves once because I loved the way they looked against the blue paper.

The sentiments were from three different sets:  Sizzix 658701 (You are Amazing and Thanks So Much;) Impression Obsession Thank You die cut; and Hero Arts "With Sympathy." For a final touch I used a corner punch from Martha Stewart on three cards; the gold card has white lines drawn with a white gel pen!

I put these together as a set and gave them to my daughter in law for her birthday. I made extras and kept a few for myself! Thanks for reading all my steps.
Wednesday Challenge/

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jeanne! They are all so elegant and pretty, I love the Altenew stamps.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing my card. I appreciate the comments.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards...........keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. I am learning all the time.

      Delete