Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Love Cats & Books

Today's card is for my cat loving friend who is part of my book club. I bought a stamp set from Newton's Nook with adorable cat images long ago and wanted to set him up behind a window. So I used several sets to create this card. I'm entering it in two Simon Says Stamps Challenges today: Monday Challenge "Love is in the Air"  AND Wednesday Challenge "Anything Goes."


Some of the products used for this card: Newton's Nook, Poppy Stamps (for the shutter & the flower box,) Die Namics Window Die, Reverse Confetti (for the word "Love.") The flowers and leaves were cut from an Impression Obsession die set and colored with copic markers. 

For the background panel, I used a large stamp from Altenew which resembles wood texture trying to make this look like the outside of a house (obviously!) I thought the little flowers looked like X's so I placed two under the "love" sentiment! In the end I wasn't sure if I liked the whole composition of this card... feeling it's a bit lopsided. Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jeanne!The image is adorable and I love the scene you've created.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete