Saturday, January 26, 2019

Hello w/ Alcohol Ink

This Monday, Simon Says Stamp Challenge "Alcohol, Drinks or Inks!" gave us card makers a chance to get some dusty products off our shelves and try them out again! At least that's the way I felt since I don't often reach for my alcohol inks. But, when I do, I am happy with the results. Here's a terrific card which looks fabulous in person. It's difficult to see the vibrant colors and the unusual patterns in the photograph. The close up shows them better. I am entering this card in the SSS Challenge.



I used a combination of Tim Holtz alcohol inks and Copic reinkers for the colors. After dropping some and pouncing some on specialty paper and letting it dry completely, I cut it with the MFT Die Namics Chunky Chevron Cover Up. The beauty of this die is that you poke out all of the chevrons and then select the ones you want to glue back into the frame, leaving spaces open for whatever effect you like. I love how this turned out. Check out the close up photo below!


To finish the card, I layered the cover up panel on some yellow card stock before adhering it to the white card base. A simple HELLO die cut by Julie Ebersole from Ellen Hutson finishes this card which can be used for many occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment