Thursday, January 10, 2019

Getting Old is for the Birds!

Love, love, love Tim Holtz Crazy Birds! Here is a birthday card with one of them. I had seen a technique on YouTube by Jennifer McGuire HERE a while back and tried it with some stencils I had. You move your stencil several times using different inks, or even using embossing powder for one of the layers. I made 4 or 5 of these "patterned papers" and held onto them until I found the perfect place for them. The greens and blues of this Crazy Bird were a perfect match for my stenciled paper.


Entering this card in the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge 419  and Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge Card & Matching Envelope.





The crazy bird was water colored using Zig Markers and the sentiment is from Technique Tuesday, embossed in white. MFT dienamics "Stepped Up Chevron" was used on the card as well as the envelope.The stencil I used for the special technique was from Mint Owl Studios, but you can use many different stencils for this special look. Just vary the colors of your ink.

MFT Dienamics Blueprint 18 gave me the shapes I needed for the pieces under the circles. The Stitched Circle, adhered with dimensional tape, is also from MFT.

I created two panels for the inside of the card and will select one when I actually decide to use the card. Neither one is glued in at the moment! This gives me some flexibility. Thanks for visiting my blog today.


I am going to enter this card in the Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Collaboration with Tim Holtz products! Check out the great entries Here

No comments:

Post a Comment