Thursday, January 10, 2019

Happy Birthday Banner & Bloom

Do you take coloring with you when you go away? That's what I did when I went to visit my sister for the holidays. I took my copic markers and some stamped images. When I got back home, I was able to make some cards quickly. Here is one of the colorful birthday cards I made with a new stamp I bought and wanted to try coloring! I made a matching envelope so I could enter it in two Simon Says Stamp challenges in January - Wednesday "Card & Matching Envelope Challenge"  and  Monday "Something New Challenge."



Banners & Blooms is from Concord & 9th. I stamped it, colored images with copic markers, and cut a square panel using an older Spellbinders Square die with a fancy scallop edge. Mounted this on heavy Neenah card stock roughly 5 x 5 inches.


The envelope and the inside panel have some of the individual stamps colored to match the focal image.



I created two choices for the inside panel. One sentiment is from Power Popper by Marcella Hawley. The other is by Stampendous called "Happy Phrases." Lately, I have been doing this if I am not going to use the card right away so it can be personalized when the time comes.


No comments:

Post a Comment