Thursday, April 7, 2016

Mother's Day

I am entering this Mother's Day card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge TRY TO RESIST


Who doesn't like the RESIST technique! I was inspired by a recent post by Gina K of Gina K Designs. I watched her Stamp TV channel where she did a kind of reverse resist with water color. Here's the link to the video: Embossing Over Water Coloring

Here's the process: first you spread some water color on a piece of water color card stock. I used Zig Clean Color Markers (3 shakes of purple and 3 shades of green); next spray the paper and let the colors bleed a bit then dry. Now you apply versa mark on a flower image and leaf image and stamp directly on top of the water color spots. Spread clear embossing powder and heat set it. The last step is to apply black ink over the entire panel. I did not have Gina K. black ink so I used Memento. The embossed areas will resist the black ink, but the other areas will be colored black.

It's hard to see the shine on this image, but it does shine where the clear embossing powder was used. I cut the panel with a scalloped die and adhered it to a light green card. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted.

No comments:

Post a Comment