Thursday, April 7, 2016

For the Birds


I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge HAPPY BIRTHDAY. SSS is 7 years old! Hooray!


I love this Birthday card! I was playing around with texture paste again after watching Jenn Shurkus on Periscope two weeks ago. You can see her terrific mixed media card here- Touchy Feely.


I had previously colored the Tim Holtz Crazy Bird and wanted to us it on a card .... so I cut the package and hat and used a blue copic. I then decided to do a multi layered card with a mixed media approach! I had some textured card stock in cream and added Distress Inks in Wilted Violet, Dusty Concord, and Blueprint Sketch with a blending tool, Next I held a stencil from crafters workship called mini chicken wire over the panel and added texture paste mixed with Black Soot Distress Ink. I picked up the circles in some pattern paper for the sides of the panel. The rectangle die is from MFT. I like the way it frames the bird and adds more texture. The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday embossed in white on black cardstock.

I have a cousin who will be having a birthday later this month - this card will be perfect for him! Thanks for reading my blog! JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment