Monday, December 7, 2020

Winter Wonderland

I am enjoying the You Tube videos from Jill Foster of Penny Black, especially those which create scenes. I have purchased some new Archival Inks which can be used along with water colored images or ink blending without smudging. Using Penny Black's "Wintry Trail," I made two panels inspired by Jill's videos Wintry Trail and Create a Winter Scene. One became a standard size card, but I also wanted to create a slim line card so I added the ribbon as a bridge between the upper portion of the card and the lower portion where I stamped a holiday message. This way you can't tell that these are two separate pieces of paper.

Also, I experimented with the sky - I used the same Distress Ink colors, but on one panel I blended the colors with a blender bush, and on the other panel, I painted several layers with a paint brush. Generally, they turned out the same ... but the blending is a bit easier than water coloring (and it takes less time!) 

In addition to Penny Black's "Wintry Trail," I also used PB's "Nature's Friend" for the deer silhouette, several colors of Archival Ink, & Distress Inks. The sentiment on the outside of the slimline card is from The Ton. The inside of the slimline card has a die cut border from Trinity Stamps and a sentiment from Poppy Stamps. The inside of the A2 card has stamps from Gina K Design and Simon Says Stamp. Thanks for reading this rather long blog entry! Entering this in the Penny Black December Challenge "Winter Wonderland" and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Favorite Technique."




6 comments:

  1. These are so beautifully done! Loving each one! I love Jill's videos but it's been so long ago since I watched one. There never seems to be enough time in my days but really should make some time for them!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, sometimes I watched too many videos and I should be crafting during that time! But she has lots of good ones.Thanks for you kind comments.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous cards, Jeanne. Love that you show the beautifully finished interiors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat. I don't know what other people do for the interior or the envelopes, but I like to use the same stamps or similar images, as you well know! :)

      Delete
  3. What beautiful cards! I love the beautiful sky you created! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH you are welcome. I like to visit other's blogs and I don't do it enough. When I do, I am amazed at what people are creating!

      Delete