Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Believe (tag)

I am swamped with Holiday images, stamps, dies, etc and having a lot of fun. I bought some new products for this Christmas season ... and have been busy using them. I may not even get to all of them before the end of Dec! But there's always next year, right? 

This holiday tag was inspired by the many winter scenes I see other crafters doing. I used the Poppy Stamps "Evergreen Trio" dies to cut out some white trees and colored them with a Spectrum Noir Glitter Marker several times (hard to see in the pic.) The background was created with Distress Oxide Inks in several shades, and since I had the purple color near the bottom, I just used it for my snow banks, too! The sentiment is from Poppy Stamps. My Molotow masking pen did not work so well for the snow, so I added more white-ness using Dr. Ph. Martin's "White Pen" liquid ink by dipping the top of a pin into the white and dabbing it on the sky.

I added a plaid type of look using a stencil to the top of the tag in repeated colors so I could submit this to the current Tic Tac Toe Challenge #92 (left column.) I am also entering this in the Poppy Stamps Challenge #75 "Anything but a Card" and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Fun with Dies."




8 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanne - thanks for entering your wonderful tag for my TTT board - love your little scene and what a great way to add the stenciling! Betty TTT design team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty. I hope the way I used the stencil was ok with the challenge. I didn't want to use any of my stencils on the tag itself, so I just added it at the top! I DO like the TTT challenge!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love the night sky you created - and the bit of plaid is the perfect touch! Thank you for playing along with us at Poppystamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kim. I just realized that my other entry (also a tag) has the wrong link. The link brings you to my blog rather than to the tag. Maybe I should delete that one and do it over again? What would you advise me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great inky sky and I love the addition of the plaid! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Jeanne! I love the inky sky and the pretty drifts - the purple is magic!

    ReplyDelete