Friday, November 22, 2019

Warmest Wishes

This holiday card started with a small stamp from Altenew called "Winter" which depicts the cabin in the snow. I masked the roof of the cabin with Fineline Masking fluid, created a moon with masking tape, and used distress inks in tumbled glass, stormy sky, chipped sapphire, and black soot to create the sky. For stars I splattered white paint on gently with a paint brush.

        

The cover die is from Mama Elephant called "Winter Forrest" and the moose is from Hero Arts "Woodland" set colored with copic markers, cut and popped up in front. The sentiment on the front of the card is from Simon Says Stamp's set "Merry Everything."

For the inside of the card, I created a frame using two rectangle dies, Simon Says Stamp's "Merry Everything" stamp set, and snow flakes from Lia Griffith's mini clear snowflakes stamp set.

I actually made 5 of these to use this year for the holidays and think they turned out very nicely. This card fits perfectly into Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge Starry Starry Night. Check out the lovely entries there!

4 comments:

  1. I have two of the three of those elements...may have to figure out a case, Jeanne I like the card that much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be honored if you did, Cat! Isn't that what it's all about = inspiring each other!

      Delete
  2. Jeanne, I love your card - what a wonderful scene - love the cabin peeking from behind the trees and the night sky! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing my project, Lin. It means a lot to me.

      Delete