Saturday, November 30, 2019

Because ...

Sometimes you want to have a few cards which will work for any occasion. This card project was made for that purpose. With the simple sentiment "Because," you can use this card for many reasons. And this type of card is fun to make.

I started with some cream colored card stock and created a rainbow of colors with Distress Inks horizontally across the card. I then used a My Favorite Things stencil called "Spring Flowers" to emboss the image on the entire front with clear embossing powder which adds shine in a deeper hue in each color.

To finish the panel, I die cut it with a scalloped rectangle and added the sentiment which is from Honey Bee "Thinking of You." I love these bold sentiments which come with a shadow die as well. I heat embossed the word "because" with clear embossing powder to give it shine and adhered the whole panel onto a light yellow card base.

Entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Anything Goes" for this week!


1 comment: