Sunday, November 24, 2019

Happy Holidays (Napkin Project)

While I was in Austria on my vacation last week, I picked up some gorgeous napkins which I knew I wanted to make into cards. Now I know many of you have done this technique before, but I never have! So I checked You Tube and found several ways to adhere the napkin to the card stock. One way was to use the mini Mink machine by Heidi Swap. I used it with several different napkins and it seemed to work (using the #5 setting on the machine.) One napkin, however peeled away from the card stock and I couldn't figure out why that one design reacted differently than the rest of the bunch I did yesterday. So if you use your Mink for this purpose, be aware it may not work 100% of the time. One of my cards is below. Entering this in Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Recycle."


I loved this penguin when I saw him! I used an oval die from MFT for the window. I used some sequins and snowflake mix in my stash around his head under the page protector which is covering the image. At first I thought I might make this a shaker card, but I changed my mind.


The sentiment is from MFT "Trim the Tree." The sprig in the upper left corner is made from Lawn Fawn's Mini Snow Flake die and Poppy's Small Wispy Pine Needle die. I coated them with clear embossing powder / glitter for more effect. The snowflake at the bottom is also from Lawn Fawn cut from glitter paper.

I made three of these to use this holiday season. Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Love this lil guy. They do have some awesome paper napkins in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they are any better than ours. I just happen to see these in a gift shop when I was looking for souvenirs!

      Delete