Sunday, November 24, 2019

Hot Chocolate

I have several friends at the moment who are either recovering from surgery, about to have surgery or are under the weather in one way or another. This card project is for one of them, and I pushed myself to use this week's My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #464. I found this sketch a little challenging, especially since I wanted to combine it with MFT's other challenge, Color Challenge #130! but that's good for the brain! Check out the sketch and colors below.  Here is the card I came up with:


I started with a Jelly Bean Green card base, and added pattern paper tag from MFT using the "Traditional Tags Stax" die. I punched two holes on the left side and used some orange and white twine for an accent. The three elements on the tag are from "Winter Warmth" set and the sentiment is from "Hug in a Mug" stamped in Milk Chocolate ink.

For added detail, I heat embossed the snowflake on the mug and designs on the mittens with white detail embossing powder. The snowflake is cut out of glitter paper and it's ready to send to my friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment