Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Snow Globe Cards

Happy Holidays Everyone!
These two cards came together with a bunch of different stamps and dies from several companies. I was planning to make a few cards with the "Snow Globe" from My Favorite Things, and when I saw Jennifer McGuire use Transparency Pockets to hold "snow" between two transparent sheets, I knew this would be perfect for my snow globes. I am entering this card project into the My Favorite Things Color Challenge #132. Read on to find out how I made these colorful Christmas cards!


Jennifer McGuire used a laminator to do this technique, but I used the Mink machine. She called it "Embellished Window Technique" on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op6PI5KpARw&feature=youtu.be. I made some of these "windows" before I started my cards trying out some of the glitter and small sequins in my stash. I figured this would make the snowy background for the Snow Globes perfect. If you try this >> don't use too much glitter or you won't be able to see the image behind it! I had to make several attempts before I achieved the right look!

Before putting the globes together, I created a background panels with the MFT Candy Stripes Builder for a plaid. Then for a realistic background in the globe, I used the Mini Cloud stencil from MFT and distress ink for the clouds around the central image. This paper was placed behind the laminator sheet with the glitter snow. The second card has purple added to the traditional colors and purple stars for fun!

The Santa and Fairy images are from Gina K Designs colored with copic markers. The grouping of presents is from Lawn Fawn. I added tiny mounds of snow for Santa to stand in, but the Fairy is flying so no snow for her feet were needed.

The sentiment "Ho Ho Ho" is from MFT Pop Up Holiday Greetings (with the extra connection cut off) and "Warmest Wishes" is from Elizabeth Craft Dies.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment