Friday, January 3, 2020

Happy Birthday

Hello again,
I like to challenge myself to create a card which combines two of the My Favorite Things Challenges at the same time. Sometimes I am successful. Today is one of those times! Here is a card project which meets both criteria as pictured below, so I am entering this card in both challenges, the Wednesday Sketch #470 and the Color Challenge #132. I will use it for a male birthday card.














This enlarged photo shows more of the details. I used a new MFT background stamp with typewriter text on the gray card panel. The argyle design is from a MFT stamp set which I have had for a few years but I think it's great for masculine cards. I placed red card stock beneath the die cut letters so it would add dimension and popped these panels up on the card base. The red heart just ties in the color and softens the sharp design a little bit.

I just realized that I could enter this card project in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday "Something New" Challenge because the typewriter stamp is a new one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment