Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Father's Day Card

These are two of the Father's Day cards I made for this year's holiday. I just bought the die cut sentiment because I like this "look" for a masculine card - a creative and personalized background with the sentiment as the focal point. One of each of these is for my two sons. My own father has been gone for over 20 years, so he is in my thoughts, but he doesn't get a Father's Day card! 


I used some stencils and distress oxide inks for these backgrounds. The stencil on the card to the left is from My Favorite Things called "scattered bars." I used an Altenew stencil on the card below called "weave builder." The "trick" for these stencils is to rotate the design a bit for each color to create the different looks. The word die is from Pretty Pink Posh.


On the inside I used another new stamp set from Dare 2B Artzy called Bear Hugs. Since we can't see our children in person due to the Covid 19 epidemic, I thought the 6 ft away hugs were perfect for this extraordinary time in our lives.



I am going to enter this card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Make Your Own Background and the SSS Wednesday Challenge Masculine Cards. Thanks for visiting my blog.



  




2 comments: