There had been two birds on the original print which I made using a stencil I cut myself from the Hero Arts "Coloring Layering Bird" stamp and die set. The birds were were not as prominent as I wanted them to be, so I used Distress Ink to enhance them, and I also used Distress Embossing Glaze (a new product for me) in Vintage photo on the tails and Crackling Campfire on the breasts of the birds! As you can see, this embossing glaze is different than regular embossing powders because it remains clear enough to see the design beneath the embossing. Hence, the designs on the bodies of the birds from the original Gelli Print can be seen though the glaze. I love how this turned out and the whole project took on a mixed media feel.
The sentiments are a mixed bag - Simon Says Stamp for the "Sending" die which I stacked three together for added dimension, and a MFT stamp from "Smile Maker" which I cut to leave "a smile for you." I am entering this card project in 2 more challenges, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Stamp It" and the TicTackToe Challenge #80 (see the grid below - across the top, stripes, masculine, and blue.)
Thanks for checking out my blog today!