Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Merry Christmas Trees

Thank you to Kristina Werner for inspiration on this card project. I made 6 of these for this upcoming holiday even though Kristina's card was #11 from her Christmas 2018 Series. You can view her video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URn4ihyVPHA&t=185s

For my cards I used a Memory Box "Garden Holly Bough" stencil on the panel inked in Broken China and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks. I also used this stencil on the envelopes. Stampin' Up has a punch die of a triangle Christmas Tree which I used to cut out the trees from water color paper and followed Kristina's technique of water coloring with several cool colors, then embossing with Brutus Monroe "Sterling" embossing powder with three different designs in each tree.  For the sentiment, I used DCWV silver foil card stock and a Creative Expressions Merry Christmas die. I layered the panel on a piece of Gina K. sea glass card stock before adhering them on a white card base. This card has a lot of shine so I am entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Let's Sparkle" and it has symbols we all recognize for the holiday so I am also entering it in the Wednesday Challenge "Traditional Christmas."

 

2 comments:

  1. You are so good about decorating your insides...I really fall down on that part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decorate all the insides, but don't usually take pictures of them. I decorate the envelopes too. I think it makes the whole "package" a little nicer! LOL

      Delete