Tuesday, September 20, 2016

First Kiss

Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge this week is INSPIRED BY MUSIC!

I recently bought a stamp from Rubbernecker at the Scrapbook Expo in Somerset, NJ called FIRST KISS! I needed a few wedding cards, so I broke out this new stamp for the first time last week. After I made a few cards with the stamp, I realized that many songs are about kissing. I specifically thought of the song "Kiss a Girl" by Keith Urban ... especially since his "girl" is his "wife" Nicole Kidman, and there's a line in the song, "cause baby tonight it could turn into the rest of our lives." So it fit my wedding card perfectly! I'm entering this card in this week's challenge.

For those who are interested, the back ground of this card was created with several steps. Below you can see six panels which I made with this process. First, I cut water color paper into rectangles; they don't have to be exact because you usually cut them down before making cards. Second, distress ink is smooshed on a craft mat, sprayed with water, and then "lifted" using a piece of thin plastic (like the kind stamps come wrapped in.) Touching the plastic on the water color paper several times gives you the first layer of color. You can see I used different colors of distress inks. (blue & greens, oranges & yellow)

The third, fourth, and fifth steps for the back ground use large stamps and different color ink pads. I had two stamps from Just Rite - "crackle" and "script" - and one other large stamp with very small hearts close together. I used some gray ink from MFT, and the gold and silver Delicata inks. It's hard to see all of these designs in the photos, but in real life they work together to create a unique look.
 Because I was planning on stamping the "First Kiss" in black, I also added some black accent pieces such as the "Love" from Reverse Confetti and the "twine" from Pretty Pink Posh's "Twine and Bows."  Lastly, I framed it in black, added some gold hearts, and adhered it to pink card base.


No comments:

Post a Comment