Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Reverse Confetti Sand Dollar

Hi everyone. Have you ever wanted a product the minute you saw it? Well, I couldn't resist the SAND DOLLAR die from a recent release from Reverse Confetti! I just thought it was the most unusual die I have seen in a while. As soon as it arrived, I looked for some paper which would fit the image, but I didn't want to use white (I know most sand dollars are white!!) I had some paper I created with the gelli plate which has a lot of texture (it feels rough) and the colors reminded me of an ocean creature; how a sand dollar might look before it was bleached white by the sun. Call me crazy. I just love the look of this greenish sand dollar! AND, I created a stencil with the sand dollar to use for the back ground panel. See below for the details. I wish my camera took better pics so you could see it as I see it.
I am entering this card in the Reverse Confetti SKETCH TO TRY #37 for JUNE.
Even though it doesn't have three images, like the sketch, I feel the circles work just fine.


          
I made the Happy Birthday card for my stash, and I made several of the "Be Strong, the tide always tuns" cards for the card drive #PRAYFORPULSE. I crossed off "always turns" and wrote WILL TURN. I feel strongly that America will put prejudice aside eventually and accept everyone for who they are. This drive was organized by Dana Joy and Tony Macaluso.

The two pics below show the process I used to create a stencil with the sand dollars. I had to cut the sand dollar out, cut out a circle, and then use a sponge to add color around and in between the images, moving the middle of the sand dollar as I moved around the paper. I used Antique Linen Distress Ink for the sponging. I also used Sugar Pea Designs "Seaside Wishes" for the sentiments and sand castle.

This is just a scrap piece of mail which I used.
 This is the die and the sand dollars I made with my                     gelli plate paper.
       
37_June2016




No comments:

Post a Comment