Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Friend


                                                                           
Morning Bloggers! I was looking for ideas in my craft space to combine Essentials by Ellen with Technique Tuesday for their June Mix It Up Challenge! I think I found the perfect match!.
When I realized I was working with a lot of yellow, I decided I might as well try for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge #11.

I had recently purchased some "card dies" from TT and one of them features quotes. That gave me the idea to stamp a wonderful sentiment inside the quotes from the Essentials by Ellen "Amazing Women" set. Looking through my pile of Gelli Plate creations, I found a piece I really liked in yellows, oranges, and pinks and decided to use it for the backdrop. Then I sponged Carved Pumpkin on the panel using a heavier hand on the actual quotation marks, and stamped the sentiment in black. This panel is popped up on the card.





For the Tic Tac Toe Challenge, I added some spatters in Carved Pumpkin and cut the gelli paper with a scalloped die. I used Lawn Fawn's Scalloped Rectangle Stackables. So I followed the diagonal squares YELLOW, INK SPLATTER, SCALLOPED BORDER. I finished the card with some flowers from Bohemian Garden (Essentials by Ellen) lifting up the sides a little for more dimension.                                                                                                           
Then, you can imagine my excitement when I realized I could adhere the panels at an angle and enter the card in a third challenge - Lawnscape Challenge OFF KILTER! - so I did. Thanks for reading my blog today. Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment