Monday, May 30, 2016

Birthday Tweetings

Happy Memorial Day! My husband, who is a veteran himself, had to work today, so I was in and out of the craft room. Normally on Mondays, I babysit my grand-daughter after kindergarten, but she was off today which left me with the whole day to putter around the house. Lovely!

I finished another card for the MFT Sketch Challenge #282. When I saw the challenge, I started thinking what images I wanted to have "running" across the card ... almost immediately I thought of the birds from "Tweet Friend." Geez, I bought this stamp set when it first came out and hadn't had a chance to use it yet! Disgraceful!  All of the products are listed below the picture.

I'd like to give you some details about the green background part of the card. I had seen a video by Jennifer McGuire called Easy Distress Ink Background ( a You Tube link for you) and tried her technique one day. I created several backgrounds using different stencils and colors of distress ink. The panel behind the birds is one of those. You can just about see the leaf design and the shimmer.


Products - MFT "Tweet Friends", MFT DieNamics Musical Notes, 
MFT 6x6 Plaid Pattern Paper, MFT Die Namics Blueprint 27 for the scalloped rectangle, 
 
Memory Box Woodland Branch, and some Copic markers.

<----------- Here is the sketch for My Favorite Things.

I'm also going to enter this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge ANYTHING GOES

No comments:

Post a Comment