Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Bouquet for Mom

This was something new for me. I had seen Jenn Shurkus work with Tim Holtz new Distress crayons on a Periscope broadcast. I wanted to try the methods she used. This is the first completed card, but I didn't follow all of her steps on this one. Just the first few. Read below what I did...

I am entering this card is Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Make Your Own Backgound
and Ellen Hutson's Mix It Up Challenge with Pretty Pink Posh
and also on the Lawn Fawn Lawnscape Challenge Color Splash



I started with Ranger Texture Paste and applied it with a flat knife to a piece of Neenah card stock, leaving some areas thicker and some thinner. Taking a large 6x6 stamp (not sure whose this one is, maybe Hero Arts?) which was spritzed it water, I pushed it into the paste on the card. When I lifted the stamp up, there was a definite design in the paste. This dried overnight. Next, I used Distress Paint in Black Soot and covered the panel using a sponge applicator. As it dried it became a little lighter, which I expected. But the white raised swirls still showed through in most places.

I water colored some flowers from Essential by Ellen "Bohemian Garden" and cut them out with the coordinating dies and played around with their placement. I wanted to add "MOM" on the front so I ended up using a piece of green card stock across the bottom of the card for a contrast to the black and white background. Lastly, I added a little stem and bow to the bouquet using a Pretty Pink Posh die. I think someone's mom will really like this dimensional card!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment