Friday, November 27, 2015

Two Snowmen Cards

These two snowman cards turned out so cute! 
I just bought a new stamp from Tracy Mae's Mint Owl Designs 
and played around with it yesterday. I used water color paper 
and Zig Clean Color water color brushes.
I used a stamp set with the Merry Christmas banner from Stampin' Up 
and a couple of die cut cardinals to hold up the banner. 




On this second card I used Distress Inks for the night sky 
and heat embossed with white for the stars & snowflakes (last step.)
I had to mask off the main image to stamp the other trees - 
actually they are not stamped. Ha, I just remembered, 
I created a stencil from a tree die and then sponged them with dark green distress ink.
I love the sentiment from Mint Owl Designs - SNOWMANY wishes!!!!
As a side note, I used a die to cut the panel with the image. Then, I used 
my Scan n Cut to make another panel a bit bigger in white before adhering both to
my dark green card stock. This is a 5.5 by 5.5. card. White gel lines accent the shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment