Saturday, October 3, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving in Gold

This is my third and final card for WORLD CARD MAKING DAY. I'm entering it in the Lawnscape Challenge 

All about the Sentiment


The top panel was made with a Hero Arts Stencil and Fossilized Amber Distress Ink (sponged on.) The leaves are a Lawn Fawn die onto which I applied Gold Modellier Creme. Sandy Allnock's Go For the Gold class demonstrated how to use this paste, and I also used it on the card base to add gold around the edge. For added sparkle the leaves were sprayed with Heidi Swapp Color Shine Gold spray. The branches are a Memory Box die cut from black card stock. The sentiment is "Vintage Happy Thanksgiving" die from Poppy Stamps.

Here's a close up of the leaves, which are a bit shiny. Hard to tell with my camera!



8 comments:

  1. Very nice! I really like that background stencil! The extra gold on the leaves really adds that sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a a pretty card! Your second photo really shows off the shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background with those beautiful leaves. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Leigh. Did you watch any of Sandy Allnock's videos last week? They were very informative and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete